In 1952 the League obtained permission from the town board to convert the upstairs of the town jail into a library. Through fundraising efforts bookshelves were built, flooring and a new heater were installed, utilities and cleaning were subsidized, and books were purchased. Members served as volunteer librarians. As the small library grew, the League supported efforts to open a new and larger branch.
The Current North East Library
In 1991 a full service branch of the Public Library was opened. As the North East community has expanded so have the demands on the current library.
Site of the future North East Library
Plans are moving forward for a new library to open in May 2020.